On Monday, March 28, a couple dozen Boston food bloggers descended on the Fenway location of UFood Grill to sample the menu and learn about the company's goal of providing (relatively) healthy fast food that tastes great. There are several locations elsewhere in the country, but UFood Grill actually began in Massachusetts. If you were in the area in the early 2000s, you might remember it as Lo Fat No Fat, originally in Watertown.
Treated to an open bar and a seemingly never-ending stream of food and smoothie samples, bloggers mingled and ate...and ate some more...while listening to Tom Mackey, Senior VP of Operations, explain the history and philosophy of UFood Grill.
It was a pleasure, as always, to spend time with such a wonderful group of bloggers, and it was great to see several new faces! I know this was the very first blogger event for some of you; welcome to the community and I hope to see you again soon!
I'll leave the detailed food reviews to the other attendees - check out the list of links at the bottom of this post - but here are some photos that I took at the event:
|UFood Grill's motto: feel great|
|Kathy (Kathy Can Cook), Katy (Recipe Can), Amanda (Tales From A Kitchen Misfit), Megan (Cooking Whims), Elizabeth (Don't (White) Sugar-Coat It), and Nicole (I am a honey bee)|
|UFood Bistro Salad|
|Fire-Grilled Sirloin Tips (my personal favorite!)|
|Turkey Sausage Pizza|
|Better Bacon Cheeseburger with UnFries|
|Fire-Roasted Turkey & Swiss|
- Boston Restaurant: UFood Grill (happy hour honeys) - "UFood bakes their fries ("unfries"-get it?) so you don't have to feel bad when you're stuffing them in your mouth one after another like I was. They were nice and crispy (not soggy like the baked fries I've tried to make at home) and not at all greasy. Definitely my favorite food of the night."
- An Evening at UFood Grill (Indulge Inspire Imbibe) - "Make no mistake, I'm not about to forgo some greasy McDonald's as my fast and cheap go-to hangover cure; but for a healthy alternative on the go, the folks at UFood Grill are definitely onto something."
- An Evening with U....food Grill (BeantownEats) - "When you choose UFood Grill, will you pay more than McDonalds? Yes. Will you get higher-quality, more nutritious meal? Definitely."
- Healthy food, fast, and surprisingly delicious! (frugal foodista) - "I am happy to say that I advocate this restaurant for all its fastness, freshness and well...tastiness!"
- He Said, She Said: The Skinny on UFood Grill (WineDineWith.us) - "UFood’s menu is diverse for a “fast food” type of restaurant and has something for almost everybody."
- A Night Out At UFood Grill (Cooking Whims) - "One thing I liked about UFood Grill was the sheer variety of food they offer on their menu."
- Sampling the Menu at UFood Grill (The Foodies At Work) - "Ufood does not claim to be the healthiest choice in town; they do claim to be healthier than most other fast food chains, to taste great, and to have your order ready in 3.5 minutes. The Boston Food Bloggers were lucky to experience all three of these claims."
- UFood Grill Event (Recipe Can) - "Ufood grill offers healthy fast food. They realize that nobody wants to give up their pizza and cheeseburgers so they try to make them better for you. I love that they acknowledge that eating fries will not help you lose weight, but if you are going to eat them anyway, this is your healthiest option."
- UFood Grill with Boston Food Bloggers (Tales From A Kitchen Misfit) - "Overall I really enjoyed UFood Grill. There are definitely some hit and misses on the menu, but it’s nice to be able to find some good and healthy food that’s fast."